Commited to providing the very best possible level of service
At Matthew’s, we understand all the elements that contribute towards the perfect house share. As the tenant, there is a lot for you to consider before renting a house, and we have designed our services around these requirements.
Here’s what you can expect from Matthew’s
- Quality Housing – Our range of houses offer you excellent choice and value for money. We have houses to suit all needs, for those who want high specification and finish, and for those who require something a little more basic. One thing is for sure, any house you choose will be good quality, meeting all the required health and safety regulations.
- Reliable & Friendly – We have a dedicated team here at Matthew’s to deal with all your enquiries. What’s more, all of our contractors and maintenance team are local and trustworthy.
- Communication – We are always happy to help and can be contacted by text, email, phone, and even on live Facebook chat. We also have a 24 hour maintenance team who will be on hand to fix any problems should they arise.
THE PROCESS – SO, HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Arrange a viewing to see the room/house you would like to let
- Discuss the terms of the contract with a member of staff
- Fill in your application form
- Pay the admin fee and deposit
- Sign the tenancy agreement
- Collect your keys from the office or arrange a check in
Choosing your property:
When choosing your property, ensure you check with your Landlord or agent what you will be charged for:
- Fees: will you be charged an up- front cleaning fee? We do not charge a fee up-front and would only charge you for any cleaning necessary at the end of the tenancy.
- Deposit: if you are paying a deposit, you must ensure it will be registered in a secure deposit scheme.
- Renewals: at Matthew’s we charge you reduced fees for
renewing your tenancy and we have incentives to our current tenants introducing their friends to us.
- Moving on: bear in mind that once you’ve finished University, you may wish to stay in Chester and rent a residential property from us. At Matthew’s we can offer you this service, and you will also receive reduced fees if you had previously rented from us as a student.
- Professional Associates: is your agent licenced by ARLA? if so you can rest assured that your money will be safe in a client account, they will comply with current legislation and you have a route to redress if anything should go wrong.
- Contact: Make sure you choose an agent who have a maintenance team that can be contacted 24/7 – at Matthew’s we offer this service to all our students.
We also offer a full service to professional sharers, who are looking to rent on a room by room basis. We ensure that you are placed with like-minded people, and pride ourselves on offering you the most comfortable house share of the highest quality.
Please contact us to find out what properties are available, and how we can assist you further.